Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Jayne Mansfield for President, 1964 / The White House or Bust

Given the current hostile and utterly ridiculous political climate, I nominate:

 
Found in a long gone Memphis flea market long ago and given a rough and ready edit long ago, a novelty publication from 1964, Jayne Mansfield for President.
 
Get the original scan here
 
or view the whole book online at the IA here.

Samples, I'll skip the boob jokes, as there's plenty to go around *cough*









Of course, leave it to me to go for the low hanging fruit on the tag :I


2 comments:

Robert Deis (aka "SubtropicBob") said...

Wow! That's quite find. Thanks for posting it!

darwination said...

It's something else, Bob. I remember passing on the $20 sticker price at the time but then driving back the next day to get the thing. The jokes are so unrelentingly bad, but it has some camp appeal and charm, too.

Jayne sure sold a lot of magazines in her day, hopefully she got a good cut from this one -